Hello Pralana Fans!

26 Posts
8 Users
4 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@hines202)
Reputable Member

Hello everyone. I'm excited that we now have a place to gather and help one another get the most from Pralana! It's an amazing tool and I can't wait to dive into 2021.

25 Replies

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/includes/functions-template.php on line 193
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/4/post.php on line 27

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/4/post.php on line 43
 Anonymous
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/4/post.php on line 53
1 second ago

Bill - do you plan to do anything with the user base? Was wondering if it wouldn't be valuable to establish a user group that would allow more free-flowing conversations, sharing of tips and ideas, etc. In a group chat setting it could be very beneficial to share how people are setting things, up, using the tool, etc. Might help free Stuart up to address more technical issues

2 Replies
(@hines202)

Reputable Member

@nc-cpl I've been working hard at setting up my investment advisory, so I haven't had cycles. I think we have a great forum here, especially with Stuart's input. There are so many great forums out there. It would be pretty cool if there was a Pralana sub-forum somewhere like bogleheads.org though. Maybe I'll ask them for that, or at least a sub-forum for investing tools (if there isn't already one).

NC
Customer
(@nc-cpl)

Reputable Member

@hines202 I think Reddit would be an ideal place for this. Takes just a minute to set up.

Customer
(@raj275275gmail-com)

After hearing good things about, I want to buy Pralana Gold.

I do not have MS Office & am apprehensive about using excel as my math is not great & has gone worse in retirement.

Do I have to buy the yearly MS Office subscription to use Pralana Gold ??

Will appreciate some guidance for a excel illiterate

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
Admin
(@smatthews51)

@raj275275gmail-com Pralana Gold does require a local copy of MS Excel, but it can be either a one-time purchase or the subscription version (i.e., Office 365). You don't need math skills or any in-depth knowledge of Excel to run the Pralana tools (unless you intend to try to verify that it calculations are correct). You just need some basic knowledge of personal finance (such as an understanding of inflation, rates of return, APR, and the like) and the motivation to study the user manual sufficiently to develop an understanding of the tool and what it needs from you. Ultimately, you'll need to be able to understand and interpret its outputs because they're presented in tabular and graphical form rather than a simplistic summary that says something like "You're good to go!". I do provide user support via email but that doesn't include explanations of things that are in the manual or assistance in setting up your specific case in the tool; however, paid consulting is available on a fee per hour basis and that can be applied to any type of help you want or need.

Stuart Matthews

Customer
(@raj275275gmail-com)

Thanks Stuart for your prompt reply,

I want to get an idea how to work Pralana Gold .

Buy & load a local copy of Excel - ' MS Office 2019 Home & Student ' sold on Amazon ($150),

& then download PG ($100)

& then load up my data,

To get the Analysis / Withdrawal Plan from Taxable/Tax Deferred / Tax & Irmaa predictions of my finances.

Thanks

Raj

1 Reply
Admin
(@smatthews51)

@raj275275gmail-com Yes, that's the process.

Customer
(@raj275275gmail-com)

Stuart,

I bought & just loaded a Office 2019 CD for Win purchased on Amazon, &

I just purchased the PRC Gold from your site, &

I am unable to register the Excel, as I was not provided with the Product Key with the package. I will try to return that back to Amazon.

I do have a older 2010 Office with me, will that work with PRC ?

Thanks for your help.

Raj

1 Reply
 WTS
Customer
(@wts)

Eminent Member

@raj275275gmail-com PRC2022 is working in Office 2010 on my 64bit Win10 laptop but I had to run the Excel compatibility troubleshooter.

Start --> Right click Excel 2010 --> Compatibility Troubleshooter. Accept any/all fixes.

All macros are disabled with notification: Excel -->File --> Options --> Trust Center --> Trust Center Settings --> Macro Settings

You have to open the PRC spreadsheet first because it needs to makes changes to settings. After that you can open other Excel files.

Page 1 / 3
Share: