Clear all

Hello Pralana Fans!

26 Posts
8 Users
4 Likes
Customer
(@raj275275gmail-com)

Stuart,

While I am reading the Manual, I want to start entering my own data, how do I go about doing that. In the manual when I search for data entry, it does not point me in that direction.

I am trying & hoping I will be able to use the PRC Gold software, I have heard much good about, please help me. I am sorry to trouble you for this, but I am trying to enter the data & use the program. I have not used excel in the past.

Thanks

Raj

1 Reply
Admin
(@smatthews51)

@raj275275gmail-com Hi Raj, I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with this. You enter your data by simply filling in the blanks in the tables provided in the various data input pages, such as Home, Financial Assets, Income and Expense pages, most of which also have subordinate pages. These pages and virtually all of the input fields on these pages are explained in the manual. As you make your entries, the tool will continually update its output calculations which you can see on the Tabular Projections pages and the Graphical Projections page. You can then go to the Analysis pages to conduct further analysis of your input data.

Stuart Matthews

Customer
(@raj275275gmail-com)

Hi everybody,

I have downloaded Pralana (CRC) Gold 2022 & have a 2010 Excel on my computer. I am new to Excel, please can anyone give me some pointers/help to load my accounts/data on to the Program. Thankyou in advance.

1 Reply
Admin
(@smatthews51)

@raj275275gmail-com Raj, using Pralana Gold (PRC) doesn't require much knowledge of Excel other than basic knowledge of how to bring up a file. PRC is simply an Excel file and you can bring up in two different ways: 1) bring up Excel, go to its File menu, click Open, and then browse your directories until you find the PRC file, then double-click it, or 2) use Windows File Explorer to browse your directories, then double-click the PRC file and that will bring up Excel and load the PRC file. When it comes up, you'll no longer need to worry about it being an Excel file because it contains all of the features you need to navigate, operate, save and close the file.

Stuart

Customer
(@raj275275gmail-com)

Hi Stuart,

I am trying to start working with the 2022 Gold which I recently purchased & have not been able to. I am reaching out to you for help/guidance. I find myself totally lost here & am hoping the $99 were worth it.

Please help

Raj

407-948-1792

1 Reply
Admin
(@smatthews51)

@raj275275gmail-com Raj, please let me know if you're still struggling after reading my responses to the posts above, and feel free to email me directly (at mail@pralanaconsulting.com) as this conversation may be more appropriate for off-line.

Thanks, Stuart

Customer
(@raj275275gmail-com)

Stuart,

I appreciate your reply.

Thankfully I was able to pass that initial hurdle, it could have been the excel spread sheet from the older Office. The Office 2021 seems to be working so far.

Thanks for your concern

Customer
Topic starter
(@hines202)
Reputable Member

Copying my earlier post here so new folks are aware...

I've been asked a few times to provide more help for folks, as Stuart is always nose-to-the-grindstone cranking out awesome new features and versions of PRC. So, I did three things:

1. Created a private Facebook group called Pralana Retirement Calculator Users. I think the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/2138579782970518

2. Created a class on the class list on my website for a live, private, virtual tutorial on PRC, including answering your questions about your specific scenarios and usages. https://emancipare.com/emancipare-private-classes/

3. Created a separate service to review anyone's PRC file and provide insights in my role as a registered investment advisor and retirement planner. https://emancipare.com/emancipare-financial-plan-selector/

I ran all this by Stuart prior to implementing, so it's with his blessing. He doesn't do Facebook though 🙂 Thanks, Bill

Page 2 / 3
Share: