From here, you are not far from having your copy of a Pralana Retirement Calculator!
Pralana Gold 2023 is now available! It implements RMDs per SECURE 2.0 and extends ACA subsidies regardless of MAGI through 2025 per the Inflation Reduction Act. Enhanced features include time-adjustable inflation rate and rates of return per asset class, Roth conversion limiting by LTCG bracket tops, proportionate withdrawal option for covering negative cash flows, analysis of essential vs. overall spending success rate, a new report showing the detailed annual puts and takes for each account, and more.
Just click on the Get Now button
Our calculators are downloadable and operate on any Windows or Mac computer in conjunction with Microsoft Excel. Windows platforms need Excel 2007 or later and Mac platforms need at least O/S 10.5 and Excel 2011 for Macs.
Mac users with the M1 architecture, Windows Excel 2007 and 2010 users and Firefox users, please see the notes at the bottom of this page.
A Pralana Gold license entitles you to free support via e-mail and all updates. Your account will be established during the checkout process and will enable you to download a copy for your personal use on a second computer, gain access to all maintenance updates, and to submit new topics and engage in exchanges with other users via the Pralana Retirement Calculator Forum.
Checkout is quick and secure and Pralana Consulting LLC never has access to your private information. You’ll be able to use PayPal or your credit card. Just click the GET NOW button above to initiate processing, and you’ll be downloading PRC to your computer within a couple of minutes! Your name and e-mail information will never be shared with any other entity. You will be invited to receive the Pralana Newsletter which is sent occasionally to provide you with information on product updates and tips on getting the most out of your calculator. Even if you do elect to sign up, you can always unsubscribe at any time.
We recommend use of the Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Safari browsers for downloading Pralana files; Internet Explorer and Firefox users should refer to the notes at the bottom of this page.
- Note for users of Macs with the M1 architecture: There are some known issues with running late models of Excel on Macs with the M1 architecture and these result in run-time errors when trying to run PRC. The bottom line is that you must run Excel with Rosetta to avoid this problem. You do this via Finder > Applications > Excel > Get Info > click “Run with Rosetta”. The following link provides information regarding the workaround from Microsoft: https://pralanaretirementcalculator.com/community/issues-and-potential-errors-in-the-tool/run-time-errors-on-mac-m1-configuration/#post-687.
- Note for Excel 2010 Users: Your Excel configuration needs to include Microsoft Service Pack 2 (SP2). Without this, Excel may tell you that the PRC file is corrupted.
- Note 1 for Excel 2007 Users: Your Excel configuration needs to include Microsoft Service Pack 3 (SP3). Without this, Excel may tell you that the PRC file is corrupted.
- Note 2 for Excel 2007 Users: The digital signature is not recognized by Excel 2007 and will be reported as an invalid signature. This is due to the fact that Excel 2007 has not been maintained by Microsoft since 2012 and is no longer compatible with the newer security software technology used to produce the Pralana Consulting LLC digital signature. The workaround is to create a new folder on your Windows system into which you place the PRC file. Then, via Excel’s Trust Center, you specify this folder as a Trusted Location.
- Note for Internet Explorer 11 users on Windows 10 machines: PRC downloads may fail to work with this configuration. The workaround is as follows: On the IE11 page, go to Tools (the cog in the upper right corner), then Safety, then “Turn Off Windows Defender SmartScreen”. You can then turn this back to the “On” state when the download is completed.
- Note for Firefox users: Some versions of Firefox append a .xlsx extension to Pralana’s .xlsm files which Excel will reject. If you see this occurring following a download, you will need to manually delete the .xlsx extension from the filename prior to opening.