Hello Pralana Fans!

26 Posts
8 Users
4 Likes
 NC
Customer
(@nc-cpl)
Reputable Member

Stuart - Have you ever had feedback or tested if PRC will work with the open source alternatives to MS Office like Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice? Both have many many users and fans and its free!

1 Reply
Admin
(@smatthews51)

@nc-cpl Yes, and it doesn't. These days it barely works with Excel as Microsoft continues to "improve" it.

Customer
(@schulte574)

I always forget how to open the new PRC files because the Excel default is to block macros. That's a good thing, but annoying if you forget. Simple fix.

1. Open Windows File Explorer and go to the folder where you saved the PRC file.

2. Right-click the PRC file and choose Properties from the context menu.

3. At the bottom of the General tab, select the Unblock checkbox and select OK.

Enjoy,

Ken

5 Replies
Admin
(@smatthews51)

@schulte574 Thanks, Ken! I think many people will find this to be helpful!

Stuart

NC
Customer
(@nc-cpl)

Reputable Member

@schulte574 Ken - Not seeing that option, only Hidden and Read Only next to Attributes. Which version of Excel are you using?

Customer
(@ilovemybeagles)

Trusted Member

@nc-cpl I am using Excel 2016 on a Mac and don't have that "Unblock" option either (not sure what version you have). I've researched disabling that macro warning a great deal and have concluded that Excel on the Mac is just so knee-capped that many of the neat little tips, tricks, and workarounds for Windows Excel simply do not apply. The macro warning can be removed on a Mac, but it applies to macros in ALL files, not just the PRC file. That would be a little too dangerous in my opinion so I just grit my teeth and click that "Enable Macros" button. Every. Single. Time. FWIW, that setting is found at Excel > Preferences > Security > Enable all macros.

NC
Customer
(@nc-cpl)

Reputable Member

@ilovemybeagles Not a priority for me. I don't find the extra second it takes to click the button a big inconvenience.

Customer
(@schulte574)

@nc-cpl MS Office Pro Plus 2016

However, the attribute is found by using Windows Explorer. If you don't see the UNBLOCK attribute, then your file is already unblocked.

Page 3 / 3
Share: