Clear all

missing data type? AND separate problem with “OVERALL ASSET ALLOCATION” graph

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@lam691)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

On the Tabular Projections page for “Growth”, why isn’t there a data column for “Nominal ROR (Spouse’s Tax-Deferred)”? On my Asset Allocation Table, I have 5 Periods defined with changing allocations to my tax-deferred accounts which are different from the allocations to my spouse’s tax-deferred account --- I would like to see this on the Tabular Projections page.

Also, I have defined 10 Asset Classes on the “Asset Classes Table”. Those are now correctly transferring to the “Asset Allocation Table” where I have defined allocations for each of the four types of accounts over my 5 Periods. However, when I click the “diamond-shaped” icon to go to the quick-look page, the graph showing “OVERALL ASSET ALLOCATION” doesn’t seem to be including my Roth asset allocations for my Period 1. Is this a bug in the program, or am I doing something wrong?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Hi Myron, the fact that there is not a nominal ROR column for the spouse's tax-deferred account is an oversight in the design process (associated with adding separate asset allocations for the spouse account in the 2021 model). This is a non-trivial fix, so I plan to wait and see if anything else comes up in the next couple of weeks that affects the design of the View Management page. Then I'll fix all at the same time. If nothing else comes up, I'll make this one fix by itself.

Regarding the Overall Asset Allocation, yes, this is indeed a bug and it will be fixed in v1.8 in the next day or two. As you've noted, the bug affects only Roth assets in period 1.

ReplyQuote
(@lam691)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks for the quick reply and working on this for a future revision.

ReplyQuote
Share: