Clear all

Issue: Income--> Annuity--> Duration of Fully Taxable Payments

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@yankeelaker)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 Stuart: This is similar to an issue you corrected in PRC2024 GOLD v2.1: In the field: Income--> Annuity--> Duration of Fully Taxable Payments, I entered a non whole number year (5.25) and received an error message. But when I subsequently tried to enter a whole number for the value, the result was automatically converted to a date format. I was able to work around the issue by using the wife's column to enter the annuity information.

Brad

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@yankeelaker Brad, I just tried to replicate this issue in each of the "Duration of Fully Taxable Payments" fields and could not do it; it worked correctly every time on both Windows and Mac computers. I initially entered 5.25, got the validation error, and then retyped a whole number over the highlighted decimal number which was then accepted. Your description seems perfectly clear, but did you do anything differently than what I described?

Puzzled,

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@yankeelaker)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51: Too much water under the bridge since first noticing this for me to be certain -- I believe that all I did was initially enter 5.25, got an error, responded to the error message (I think) by hitting "end process." Ever since then, typing "5" into that field gets converted to a date. (See screen shot) As I mentioned, the work-around of using my wife's column to enter the annuity information has worked fine. Is there some info "under the hood" that would help you figure it out?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@yankeelaker No, I don't think so. Somehow your copy has gotten corrupted. You can make it go away by downloading a fresh copy and importing your data.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@yankeelaker)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51: I was pondering this during a period of insomnia last night. It's conceivable that I initially put in a date, that would correspond to 5.25 years from the annuity start date. Maybe do a test by entering a date corresponding to 1 April 2034.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@yankeelaker Hey, you're right! That definitely corrupts the data format for that field despite the fact that it's locked. Chalk it up to another quirk of Excel, and the only way around it is to download a fresh copy of PRC. Thanks for continuing to think about this!

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: