2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Jo G
(@jo-g)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

From the PRC 2021 manual: Global Clear

"…Since PRC contains numerous data entry fields which are scattered throughout the file, it is advisable for you to perform a Global Clear prior to entering your data to ensure there is no residual data from the example scenarios with which PRC is delivered".

I didn’t do this, didn’t see it in the manual until after the manual discussed entering my data; no worries, right? Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Jo,

Well, I couldn't say. PRC comes loaded with a fully-worked example that contains user inputs on most (but not all) pages. For example, it includes a Property expenses page with at least eight different properties listed (home and cars, I think). If you didn't visit that page while doing your data entry and replace what was there with your own information, the calculator would be including that unwanted input data in your projections. So, at this point I'd just recommend that you visit each data input page (including, for example, those under Financial Assets > Management and Analysis > Roth Conversions) and make sure that there are no unwanted residual inputs from the example PRC was downloaded with.

Just a general comment to go along with the above, I think it always makes sense to do a "sanity check" on the tool's outputs. If they don't seem to make sense then it probably behooves you to investigate until you become convinced it's producing outputs that generally make sense.

ReplyQuote
Share: