Clear all

TD Withdrawls

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jjodod)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I’ve read the user manual and viewed the Bogelheads video but I’m still not clear on this. I’ll be retiring at the end of 2024 at the age of 68. I’m deferring SS until age 70. For 2025 and 2026 I would like to withdraw from a TD account, but I don’t see where to put that. I would also like to put WDs in until I have to start taking RMDs at age 73. Can anybody help?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@jjodod You can schedule withdrawals from your TD account via the Scheduled Withdrawals table on the Financial Assets > Management page. That table allows you to specify start and stop years, the annual withdrawal amount, and the account from which the withdrawals are to be made. Those funds are then deposited in your cash account where they can then be used to cover your expenses.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@poston688)
New Member Customer

Thanks for the advice on using the "Scheduled Withdrawals table" to setup tax deferred withdraws during your 60's through 72 (delayed Social Security filing). However, can you use Pralana to determine the "tax optimized" dates and amounts. There is a very complex blend of RMDs, ACA subsidies, SS deferrals, tax rate maximums, etc. to consider when blending the withdraws during these years. Is it as simple as playing with the different mixes and reviewing the outcomes? Thanks for your help. David

ReplyQuote
(@slaufer)
Trusted Member Customer

Adding to the prior question and expanding on the withdrawal case, as Medicare premiums will vary based on inflation and earnings etc., is there a way to allow the TD (HSA) withdrawal to grow to match the Medicare premiums? This premium would include the IRMAA uplift etc., if applicable.

ReplyQuote
Share: