Clear all

Entering RMDs

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jjodod)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I've read through the manual and searched this forum. I did find one post on this from 2021 but it doesn't resolve my issue. Of course I will need to take RMDs at 73, but when I look at my income column it doesn't show up. Ideally, there should be a column for myself and my wife. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@jjodod RMDs are taxed as ordinary income but they're not called income by PRC (because it's money you've already earned and are just moving to a different account). RMDs are included by default on the Tabular Projections > Withdrawals view, but you can go to the Tabular Projections > View Mgmt page and include them in any view of your choice.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@jjodod)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thank you Stuart for your quick replies to both my questions. I’m sorry to asking such stupid questions and I do read the manual and search on google first. I’m sure I’ll get things sorted soon. Thanks again for your help.

John

ReplyQuote
(@jjodod)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I proceeded as you said. For some reason my RMDs are listed as "N/A" (see attached screenshot). This is apparently why they're not showing up. The entries for 2025 and 2026 are listed as $100,000. This is because I plan to retire at the end of 2024 and withdraw $100k/year from my TD accounts until I am eligible for my full SS at age 70. I was then hoping to use the software to determine what would be the best withdrawal amount for the years before I hit the RMD.

Can you tell me how to fix the "N/A" issue?

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@jjodod Those N/As are Excel errors but I cannot determine the cause without seeing the actual data. If you'd email me (mail@pralanaconsulting.com) a representative export file, I'd be happy to investigate and see what the underlying issue is.

Thanks,

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: