Clear all

Visual Basic Run Time Error 13

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rthrasher)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

New user here, so maybe this is something I'm doing wrong. Running Gold on an M1 Mac, set to use Rosetta, running Excel 16.68. I've got initial data loaded and when I try to run an analysis, I get a Visual Basic Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch error. Any ideas? I've verified that Excel is running under Intel (Rosetta) in Activity Monitor.

Any ideas?

This topic was modified 1 year ago by Roger Thrasher

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Hi Roger,

I'm sorry, but there's no way to identify the source of a run-time error from the screenshots; however, if you'd send an export file to mail@pralanaconsulting.com I'd be happy to investigate.

Thanks,

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

I've learned to avoid these types of errors by following this procedure:

1. Upon booting my laptop in the morning (and I always shut down at the end of each day for a fresh start!) I wait until it's settled (no disk activity) then load Excel before anything else.

2. Then load the first client file I'll be working with, and do an analysis. I believe that by doing this, it allows Excel/PRC to stake its claim in memory resources before other apps start hogging that up.

3. I try not to load a bunch of other apps while I'm working with PRC.

Doing this has all but done away with Excel or VB errors when trying to run reports or create/save export files. I believe they're tied to a lack of system resources.

That said, I'm running a fairly old Windows 10 laptop that used to be top of the line, but not by today's standards. I'm trying to get Windows out of my life and have just a few remaining apps left that use it. PRC web-based should remove the big one about a year from now, hopefully!

ReplyQuote
Share: