Clear all

Move to another state

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@linus)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

In the Home tab, the Year box in "If you plan to relocate to a different state in the future, specify the new state and the year you plan to move." seems to accept a date only and not a year.

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

I have a field like that in the first line of expected taxable windfalls, always displays full date. Not sure if I inadvertently changed something and saved it that way or what. Excel/PRC aren't allowing the change back to just year only, but I haven't spent any time trying.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@sunil6865 I've been investigating this odd behavior and think I have a handle on how to resolve it. Despite the fact that the format of the page is locked, Excel will change the format of that field to "date" if you enter a value in date format (i.e., 2/14/2024) and thereafter if cannot be changed back by entering just a 4-digit year; however, if you DO enter the move date as a 4-digit year, PRC will use that value as a year as you intended, but Excel will display it as some strange date back in the early 1900's. Anyway, I'm going to change the formatting of that field during the next PRC update and I think that will resolve the problem. Thereafter, anything other than a 4-digit year input will fail the validation process and prevent the problem.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@hines202 I did a little more investigation and study on this issue since our mail exchange and I think I have a fix which I'll include in a PRC update sometime this week. In the meantime, just enter your desired value as a 4-digit year and check the tabular outputs to convince yourself that the tool is modeling the windfall in the correct year (and ignore the early 1900's date being shown by Excel in the input field). Bitten by Excel one more time 🙁

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

@smatthews51 Out with the old, in with the new! (soon). Can't wait for WebPRC!

ReplyQuote
(@yankeelaker)
Eminent Member Customer

@smatthews51 I was searching the Forum to see if anyone had reported the odd dates in the Windfalls section. I am using 2024.1.9. Yes, I had tried to enter a specific date, which had triggered this anomalous behavior. So I see you are working on a fix. Thank you! Interestingly, when entering the year it, as you said, converts the entry into a specific date in '05 (1905?). However, when I then use the button to copy the scenario to another scenario, the cells are populated with the correctly-displaying year.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@yankeelaker Right, the copy function uses a different mechanism to put the value in that field and avoids the issue. The fix to the formatting of these fields will be released in the next day or two.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: