Notifications
Clear all

Anomalies in Historical Data tab

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jsarpal)
Topic starter  

Why is the 2023 S&P Return in the Historical Data tab listed as 9.70% whereas it was 26.9% for SPY according to Morningstar

Also, the info on this tab says there are 5 Columns of historical data available for user specification, but I see only two User1, User2 columns available...

What am I missing?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@jsarpal I just went back and checked the source for this data and have made the updates for 2023. I think the initial data for 2023 was simply in error but he has determined that there was a better algorithm for computing 3-Month T-Bill returns, so that column of data has been completely replaced with his new data (but the changes are small). Also, the reference to 5 columns of user data was a typo (it should say 2); it was copied over from the Mode 1 Historical Data page where there are indeed 5 columns of user data. The comment on the Mode 2 historical data page is being corrected in v1.9 which is being released today. Thanks for your post!

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@jsarpal)
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 Appreciate your prompt response & corrective actions. So, a follow-up regarding version updates. Every time there is a version update, do we need to export from the old version, download the new version, and import it into the new version?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@jsarpal I'm afraid so. All of this overhead will go away with the new web version we're planning to release in late March.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: