Clear all

Just got Pralana Gold, will not open

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@srt)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi folks, just downloaded Pralana Gold, but it will not open in my Excel for Microsoft Office 365. I'm also finding it impossible to contact Pralana about it, which requires my Google password.

I tried unblocking the macros, as recommended in the user manual. No luck.

Is anyone running Pralana Gol on Microsoft Office 365?

Does anyone have Pralana's email address?

Thanks for the help in advance.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@srt Steven, I responded to your email at 12:21 CST today; maybe it went to your junk folder. Pralana Gold runs fine on MS Office 365. Please elaborate on what happens when you try to open the PRC file. Maybe a screenshot would help, and just to confirm, my email address is mail@pralanaconsulting.com.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@srt)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Stuart, nice meeting you. I sent a response to your email earlier, which I have copied below. I'm glad to hear that the program runs fine on MS Office 365.

Certainly, as follows:

I downloaded PRC2024.1.4.1-umcekt without incident.
I moved it from my downloads folder to a dedicated folder.
I then uploaded the file to Onedrive in order to open it in Excel Office 365 (I only got the Excel platform this week. It seems to require uploading to Onedrive in order to find and open files).
The first time I tried to open PRC2024.1.4.1-umcekt, the result looked like a new, unmodified spreadsheet.
I consulted the manual, which indicated that "unblocking" the check box in properties may be necessary.
I unchecked said box, uploaded the file again, and tried again. This time the file did not load at all, and the following message popped up:
We're sorry, we couldn't open your workbook. It's possibly corrupt or using a file format that's not supported.
I then contacted you, and posted a topic on the user forum seeking help.
Many thanks for your very prompt response.
cheers
Steven Tyree

ReplyQuote
(@srt)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I rechecked the second email I sent, which I managed to send to your noreply email, which is why you haven't received it.

s

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@srt OK, you don't need to do the unblocking step unless Excel is telling you that it has blocked the file (which it sometimes does for reasons which are beyond me). Anyway, at this point I recommend that you delete the old file, login (click Member Login link on the Pralana website and then enter your new credentials), go to the Members page and get a PRC2024 Update (free). When that downloads, just double click the PRC file and it should come up. When it does, enable the macros and you should be good to go. After it comes up then you can do a SaveAs to put it in a different folder if you wish.

You might possibly have encountered some problem as a result of moving it to OneDrive, but I couldn't say for sure.

I'll keep an eye open for more mail from you this evening, so please let me know if you have further problems.

Thanks,

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@srt)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 Will do, thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@srt)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51

Deleted the old file, downloaded a new one, same result, see screenshot. MS Office 365 personal required me to upload file to onedrive so it could be opened. I haven't reached out to Microsoft yet.

I also sent you an email regarding this, all info is the same.

ReplyQuote
(@srt)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Success! Turns out the whole problem was the web-based version of office 365. I got a Little Help from Microsoft switching over to the laptop version, at which time the program opened immediately without a hitch.

I spent some time last night putting in initial inputs. Very powerful program, very thorough. I think it is just what I've been looking for.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Steven Tyree

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@srt OK, thanks for the update. PRC makes extensive use of macros, which are not supported by the web-based version of Office 365, so that was the issue.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: