Clear all

1928 to 1984 Historical performance data is not importing into Pralana 2024

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@howard230)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

I'm only getting historical data from 1985 forward importing into Pralana 2024 Gold, so get errors trying to run Historical Analysis. The export is from 2023 and has always worked fine in 2023. I'm using the latest 2023 and 2024.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@howard230 Thanks for the post, Greg. I investigated this just now and discovered an error made in a recent PRC2024 update while addressing some other problem. I just made a correction and have uploaded v1.7 that contains the fix.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@howard230)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Stuart, I see the returns now showing up, but still getting the "you do not have returns back to 1928" error. See the comparison of 2023 and 2024. The categories appear to not be coming through correctly.

ReplyQuote
(@howard230)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Attached is what it looked like in 2023 version

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@howard230 Sorry, Greg. I think it's fixed now. I inadvertently had a key macro disabled.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@howard230)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Stuart, something with the historical import appears to be broken again with latest release. See screenshot attached. Getting that "...insufficient history for asset class...." error again.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@howard230 Greg, I think this problem is due to your export file not containing names for your user-specified asset classes. Some prior version of PRC2024 did indeed have a problem in this regard due to missing formulas, but that has long since been corrected and does not appear to exist in the current version. I just tested it using an export from the prior version of PRC2024 and it's working fine.

If you are running PRC2024.2.1 and your FA > Historical Data page is showing the correct asset classes and mappings, and you created your export file from that version, and then imported that into PRC2024.2.2 and are getting the result shown in the screenshot shown in this post, please send me that export file (or a representative alternative) so I can investigate further.

Thanks, Stuart.

ReplyQuote
(@howard230)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

This was an import of a file exported (via Update Export File) from 2.1. I redid the 2.1 export via a "Create" instead of an "Update" and it seems to import into 2.2.4 correctly now. I had been getting an odd Excel pop up about "data from Clipboard will not be available" prior to 2.2.4, that is no longer happening. Anyway, I'm fine now.

ReplyQuote
Share: