Clear all

Inherited IRA in Future

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@dblomster)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hello Stuart. I just started using PRC Gold for the first time this week, and I love it so far! I hope you are able to continue this for some time.... Quick question on how to reflect an estimated future Inherited IRA in the tool. I actually broke out some non-taxable inheritance $ for some non-IRA assets, and I see that as income in the year received. When I put in the Inherited IRA in the Financial Assets tab, I see it as a spike in my savings that year in the Run Analysis tab, and I see the balance go down over 10 years in the Tabular Projections Summary. However, I do not see it in the Total Income column of the summary tab. I just want to make sure that I am entering it correctly, such that it should bring up my total investment balance at that time, and then would be the main source of my withdrawals those 10 years. Hope this makes sense.

Also, is it possible to exclude an Inherited IRA as one of the 3 scenarios.

Great tool!

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Hi David, I'm happy to hear that you're liking the tool. Right, inherited IRA's are not included in the Total Income column because that money goes directly into the inherited account and does not figure into your annual cash flow calculations (where Total Income - Total Expenses = cash flow).

In the current model, you cannot exclude the inherited IRA in one of your scenarios; however, I'm making a note to consider that as an option for the 2024 model.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

I'd hate to say overly pessimistic, but it is correct to interpret from this that your assumptions are more pessimistic than historical returns.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: