Clear all

HSA Contributions After Retirement

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hgreeson)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I was looking for a place to enter annual HSA contributions (allowable until you sign up for Medicare) post retirement. I have contributed for years to my HSA after retirement in order to decrease my MAGI. The only specific place I found for HSA contributions is the Employment Income Streams section. So I set the Stop Age to 65 and entered my annual HSA contributions in the 'Personal Contributions to Health Savings Accounts' field. However, I noticed Pralana decreases the IRS-limited fixed contribution value due to inflation in future years as shown in the Tabular Projections -> Income -> Personal Contributions to HSAs column, unless I enter a corresponding annual increase in the Employment Income Streams section. Am I handling this correctly?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Yes, you're handling this correctly. If you want employment income to remain at a fixed level while adjusting the HSA contribution for inflation (for example), you can put them on separate employment income streams.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@hgreeson)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks Stuart. You've created a great tool, and it's helping me tremendously with planning Roth conversions over the next several years.

ReplyQuote
Share: