Clear all

Quarterly Market Review

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@pizzaman)
Honorable Member Customer
Topic starter  

Wade Pfau's Retirement Researcher group puts out quarterly market reviews for the world that is very good (see attached for 4th Q2021).

Interesting to compare US markets with developed markets 🤠

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

I was a fan of his when he was a true, unbiased, researcher. But now he works (indirectly) as a annuity salesman. Can't fault him for that, college professors and researchers don't make much, and I'm sure he's now paid very handsomely for lending his good name/good will to pushing annuities. But I'll say again, I've reviewed lots of annuity contracts for my clients and every time they've been angry at the fine print and underlying expenses, some actually crying.

I'll read through this, took a quick glance, and wow he's way, way off what Vanguard, Fidelity, Black Rock, Dimensional, and others have been saying on the advisor-only forecast calls I've been on for the past few weeks. I'm excited to see where he gets those numbers from, and I hope he's right, but I wouldn't bet my money or my clients' on it. We're way, way overdue for a true correction and there's a ton of long-term uncertainty in the air, which markets don't like.

ReplyQuote
Share: