NC
(@nc-cpl)
Reputable Member Customer

ReplyQuote
 NC
(@nc-cpl)
Topic starter  

In using this as a source for projecting LTC costs, there is the projected cost based on Genworths calculator, but then if you incorporate that future cost into PRC, the PRC healthcare cost for that year goes WAY up (maybe double counting inflation?). I noticed this when the future cost from Genworth (as shown in the Tabular view > Healthcare Expenses, was more than double what I entered in PRC. How might you suggest incorporating LTC costs so it reflects what Genworth is projecting in the years it applies without the inflationary bump up?

Example: Genworth tool is projecting (future) assisted living annual cost of $93K in 2043 (includes 3% inflation built in but you can adjust up or down), but then PRC view shows 2043 healthcare costs of $200K

ReplyQuote
 NC
(@nc-cpl)
Topic starter  

Manual indicates using today's costs, so NOT the projected future cost from Genworth calculator.

ReplyQuote
 NC
(@nc-cpl)
Topic starter  

So LTC inflation is equal to 1) General inflation rate (on Home page) + 2) Real Healthcare Cost Inflation Rate (on Home page) + 3) Any additional LTC inflation % you add on the HC Expenses page? Not sure I've seen a source for the delta between general and HC inflation, or a solid source that breaks out LTC inflation from HC inflation. Anyone with sources please chime in.

ReplyQuote
Share: