Clear all

Advance Copy Beta Reader Book

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer
Topic starter  
Hello fellow PRC users! I've completed my new book, Kiss Your Money Hello (and Financial Stress Goodbye) and I'm reaching out to this community to see if I can get any advance copy/beta readers to give me no-holds-barred feedback. I'll acknowledge you in the book for your help!
It does address PRC in the retirement planning section, but it's not a book on using PRC (that may be my next project!)
If you click the Get My Book link at the page below, it will guide you to install the epub in your book reader, or you can download a PDF to read online or print off and
mark up. Please don't share this link with others. It's a draft copy and has hidden watermarks. I'm only offering it here and in the community of my fellow Accredited Financial Counselors. I trust y'all! Thank you so much for any help!
It's currently on preorder at most online bookstores (ebook only) but will be available as ebook, paperback, hardcover, and audiobook later in April.
Thanks, Bill

ReplyQuote
(@pizzaman)
Honorable Member Customer

Hey Bill. Just read chapter 10 - looks great 🤩. Attached is a word document with just a few little observations.🙃

ReplyQuote
(@pizzaman)

Just read chapter 11, also excellent. Attached word doc with a few observations.

ReplyQuote
(@pizzaman)

Read chapter 12, once again excellent. Word doc attached.

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Topic starter  

@pizzaman Thank you! Downloading your notes now. How should I acknowledge you in the book? Send me a PM or email if you like.

ReplyQuote
(@pizzaman)

Read Chapter 13-14. Comments attached.

Bill, I don't know how to do PM in this forum, can you explain how to please?

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Topic starter  

@pizzaman I checked around and don't think direct messaging is a feature here. You can send me email at bill@emancipare.com

FYI to others, I'm updating the book on that site daily, as I incorporate feedback from beta readers. PizzaMan's great feedback is already there. Of course, anyone providing feedback gets a free copy when it publishes next month (April 2023) Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Topic starter  

Hello friends, just a reminder for anyone that's downloaded the advance copy of my new book. I need your feedback by April 9th in order to hit my publication date. Sorry about the short timeline. If you like, just read the chapters that are interesting or applicable to you. Any little bit you can do is fine and appreciated. Please don't share the link to my book without asking first. It is a hidden-watermarked draft copy.

Also if you downloaded it and haven't started yet, grab a new copy at that same link above, I've been improving/enhancing/fixing based on feedback. I'll acknowledge you in the book for your help and provide a free copy on publication later this month!

Thanks, Bill

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Topic starter  

Hello team Pralana! I've been heads-down trying to get this book out, and it's finally done. Thank you SO much for those who downloaded the advance copy and gave it a read-through. I've added some great new content based on your suggestions.

It officially launches on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple, etc on April 28. I've done a "soft launch" by making the paperback and hardcover available to order now, and so that the advance reviewers can put up their rating or review.

I'm probably going to get lots of negative reviews from the scam artists in the personal finance industry that I call out and expose in this book. Those could really crater the book and mean all my hard work to try to help people was for nothing. So please, if you can help me, please post a rating and/or review at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1JGKWJN

I put a special launch pre-order price for the ebook at $4.99, temporarily.

You can add the text "I received an advance copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review." at the end if you want to.

Thanks again for your help. Next up, "Planning Your Financial Life with Pralana" 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@pizzaman)

@hines202 Just finished reading your new book "Kiss Your Money Hello" from cover to cover, well, except for the paying for college part (done with that a long time ago 🤗), EXCELLENT!!!!! 👍 👍. Your review of Roth Conversions was probably the best explanation I have read anywhere. While we have had a few fencing sections on this forum (well, more than few, always fun 😘), I have found that after reading your book we are on the same page on most topics, that warms my heart. Happiness is definitely the key as you state in your book.

ps: nice call out of the 80's rock group the GO-GO's 😜

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Topic starter  

@pizzaman Thank you! I always enjoy our point/counter-point, as I acknowledge in the book 🙂 You know your stuff! Please get the word out, I don't make much on the book but there's not a lot of "truth" out there in the personal finance book world. Great gift for those high school and college grads in your life. It's on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Google as ebook, paperback, audiobook, hardcover. Next one up will cover the new Pralana web-based personal finance tool, I hope!

ReplyQuote
Share: