Consumption smoothi...

Notifications
Clear all

Consumption smoothing end up in "NOT USED" column in tabular data.

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@stkeros)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Just downloaded the latest version. I did an analysis using "specified expenses with smoothing" with monte carlo. It generated a value in the CSS box on the analysis page, but:

Did it used to have a "percentage of smoothing" to be considered essential, or similar? I don't see that, and relatedly, there is no consumption smoothing column in the tabular data. Instead there is "NOT USED" and which I think contains the consumption smoothing spending.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@stkeros In the 2024 model, consumption smoothing expenses are always considered to be essential and the column on the Tab Projections > View Mgmt page where you previously found non-essential consumption smoothing is now "NOT USED". To get consumption smoothing (always essential) expenses, you'll need to go to the View Mgmt page and select the adjacent column for Essential Smoothed Spending.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@stkeros)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Ah, ok, it's an intentional change. Now it seems obvious. I like this change. I never used the essential/non-essential split anyway. 🙂

ReplyQuote
 GH
(@galenhuie)
Active Member Customer

I am also getting the same result as stkeros. I manually set my Smoothed Spending (CSS) to $19.5K and filled out the "Decomposed Spending" with the same matching amount. But the Tab Projections always show the $19.5K under the "NOT USED" column too. I don't think it's a View issue (attached an example), is there some other setting in the Analysis where we moved it from the default essential to non-essential?

ReplyQuote
(@stkeros)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Posted by: @galenhuie

I am also getting the same result as stkeros. I manually set my Smoothed Spending (CSS) to $19.5K and filled out the "Decomposed Spending" with the same matching amount. But the Tab Projections always show the $19.5K under the "NOT USED" column too. I don't think it's a View issue (attached an example), is there some other setting in the Analysis where we moved it from the default essential to non-essential?

I'm happy for now if Stuart can just confirm that the values I'm seeing in the "not used" column are the correct essential smoothed values (which they appear to be), just in the wrong column.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@stkeros I can indeed confirm that the data is being used as intended but is in the wrong column. I think I see why this has occurred and I'll fix it in the next update.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@galenhuie I see what's going on here. Your consumption smoothed data is treated as essential but is appearing in the NOT USED column for minor reasons I won't go into here. I plan to resolve it in the next release.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: