Rental Real State

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 WTS
(@wts)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

In PRC2022, positive cash flow real estate was represented as a negative expense, odd but understandable.

The PRC2023 manual still states, "Please note that you should generally avoid entering any income related to rental property on PRC’s Income page; the Rental Expense page accounts for all expenses and income associated with rental property, including tax-related items, and produces a net expense value (which will be negative if you have net income) which is incorporated into PRC’s overall cash flow calculations

But in PRC2023 positive cashflow is now incorrectly represented as a positive expense.

"RENTAL INCOME and INCOME FROM SALE of RENTAL" is gross rents

"EXPENSES FOR RENTAL PROPERTY" is actual expenses

"Schedule E Income/Loss" includes the non-cash depreciation expense

Is there a new field showing net rental income before depreciation aka NOI?

Thank you!

-WTS-

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

The line you quoted from the manual is a hold-over from PRC2022 when positive cash flow was represented as a negative expense, and is being corrected. Where are you seeing positive cash flow represented as a positive expense in PRC2023?

Stuart

ReplyQuote
 WTS
(@wts)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

The ONLY place I can find NOI is under EXPENSES --> RENTAL--> Scroll to expense Projections --> NET EXPENSE column.

Its the correct value and in brackets (xxxxxx) so i was mistaken its not a positive expense but I wish it was available in the tabular projections

-WTS-

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@wts OK, duly noted for possible enhancement in the future.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: