Comparing All Cash ...

Notifications
Clear all

Comparing All Cash vs Mortgage For Future Home Purchase

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 27
 Anonymous

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/includes/functions-template.php on line 193
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 31
1 second ago
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 32
Topic starter  

Want to see the difference over time of either an all cash home purchase vs taking out a mortgage (to see which path ultimately benefits us the most as measured by net worth at the end of 15 yr term). My inclination would be to enter the home price in EXPENSES>PROPERTY table (S1) as the cost basis (far assets currently owned even though purchase has not happened yet). I would use the same number as the Current Market Value. There would be no loan amount, APR, etc. for the all cash purchase scenario. Then for scenario 2 (table S2), I'd add in the loan balance, duration of loan and purchase closing costs (%age).

Is this correct or am I off on anything?

This topic was modified 3 years ago 3 times by

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 62

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Yes, this is the correct way to model this for the comparison you're after.

ReplyQuote

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 27
 Anonymous

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/includes/functions-template.php on line 193
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 31
1 second ago
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 32
Topic starter  

Thanks for confirming Stuart.

@smatthews51

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 62

ReplyQuote
Share: