Clear all

529 plan state tax deduction

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dannevik872)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Does pralana gold include the state income tax deduction for contributions to a 529 plan?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Bill,

Not currently, but I am trying to get that included in the 2022 model.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Bill,

I spent some time today investigating this further, including the potential benefits vs. the complexity of doing the implementation. At least for now, I've decided against putting this into the 2022 model. There are quite a few state-to-state variations in the rules which would make the implementation quite difficult and for most people it doesn't appear that the benefits would be too significant. Please feel free to comment if you think I'm missing something here.

ReplyQuote
(@dannevik872)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51

I agree; it's not a big impact in most situations, and if it's a nuisance to implement, not worth the effort.

On another matter - do you plan to update the automatic calculation of medicare part b premiums (and associated irma) in a 2021 update, or will you wait til the 2022 version is released? As you probably know, they had a quite sizeable increase (around 14% I think).

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@dannevik872 Bill, this will only go into PRC2022 which I hope to release by mid-January.

ReplyQuote
Share: