Clear all

Security Risk Error - Untrusted Source v 2023.4.3

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@dlunecki)

I just downloaded v 2023.4.3. Upon opening, these is a pink excel banner: "Security Risk: Microsoft has blocked macros from running because the source of this file is untrusted. [Learn More]" Older version 2023.3.8 was working ok. I have enabled macros in the Trust Center and confirmed this file was not 'blocked' in the file info setting. My PC is running Win11, with the latest office 365 excel (desktop version). Need some ideas/suggestions to get past the untrusted error. Thanks.

2 Replies
1 Reply
Admin
(@smatthews51)

@dlunecki Given that the Pralana files contain valid digital signatures, I don't know why Excel blocks the macros from running in some cases. But when it happens, you just need to use Microsoft Explorer and find the PRC file in your Downloads folder, then right click it. Then select Properties and you should see a checkbox for "unblocking" the file in the lower right corner of the pop-up. Check the box and then click ok. Then, double left click the PRC file again and it should come up unblocked.

Stuart

Customer
Topic starter
(@dlunecki)

Thank you Stuart. I just did a 'save as' to a different filename and that new filename now opens without error. Perhaps because the 'save as' file info shows me as the one making the last change?

Share: