Clear all

Healthcare expenses inflation adjusted in tabular projections

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jdphog)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

The healthcare expenses (Net Healthcare Expenses, Medicare Premiums) data in the Expenses Tabular Projections appears to be shown in inflation adjusted dollars, whereas the other expenses are shown in today's dollars. I'm just curious what the reasoning is for this and whether I should change anything on my end as a result.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@jdphog They're both shown in the dollar units selected at the top of the page. Just a guess as to why you might be thinking that healthcare expenses are shown in inflation-adjusted dollars: you've specified that healthcare expenses rises faster than general inflation. You can do this on both the Home page and the Expenses > Healthcare page.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@jdphog)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 Thanks for the insight that this is because I set an additional inflation rate for healthcare. So "Today's $" really means today's dollars relative to the general inflation rate but not category-specific additive inflation? It wasn't intuitive to me, but after consideration I guess it's so that all numbers in the view have the same base reference point.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@jdphog Yes, correct. Conversion of future dollars to today's dollars is always based on the same thing: general inflation.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: