Terms & Conditions
This site explicitly collects only opt-in e-mail addresses and names. No personally-identifying information is collected about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it. We use e-mail addresses and names to contact you periodically with information you have requested related to the content on this site. You may unsubscribe from our e-mail list at any time using the link at the bottom of every e-mail we send. We value the privacy of our users and our intention and policy is never to release any personally identifying information to any outside organization. We never share, rent, or sell e-mail addresses or other specific, personal information about our users.
All material on this site is copyrighted, including any and all products downloaded from this site. Paid downloads give the user the license for the personal use of that product and it may not be copied, transferred, distributed or resold in any form to any other person or entity. Each professional buyer of PRC is licensed to use his or her private copy to produce financial plans and printed reports for an unlimited number of clients; however, this expressly excludes clients from receiving copies of the actual PRC Excel file containing their plan or any other plan. Each copy of PRC purchased from Pralana Consulting LLC can only be installed and/or executed on one computer or memory device. If multiple copies are purchased in a single order, the receipt for that order constitutes the license to make the specified number of copies on separate platforms or memory devices.
The products on this site are offered as is and without a warranty of any kind, and do not constitute advice of any kind. All payments are nonrefundable. In the event that the product is not downloaded successfully, we will manually send you the product at no additional charge if you contact us via e-mail and provide us with your name and the related facts and we’re able to validate your information. Product updates shall be made available as long as the license remains active.
PRALANA CONSULTING LLC LICENSE AGREEMENT
1. License. Pralana Consulting LLC, or its assigns (“Pralana Consulting”), subject to the conditions contained herein, grants you a non-exclusive ‘license’ to use the Pralana Retirement Calculator (“PRC” or “software”) immediately upon your downloading or other receipt and use of the software. PRC is copyright protected and its use is subject to all terms and conditions outlined in this license agreement.
2. Restrictions. This License allows the Licensee to exercise the rights granted herein and must be retained by Licensee. Licensee may not distribute, sell, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any part of the Software to any other person or entity. Licensee may make a back-up copy and professional users may use the product to create plans and printed reports for clients; however, under no condition shall an actual PRC file be provided to a client without a separate license purchased from Pralana Consulting LLC.. The Software contains Pralana Consulting’s copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. Licensee shall not, without prior written permission from Pralana Consulting, remove or permit anyone else to remove protections in place at the time of receipt from Pralana Consulting or otherwise decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reveal the proprietary information normally hidden from the users’ view, or to create derivative works based upon the Software in whole or in part. Any and all information obtained during such unlawful activities, including but not limited to, the organization, logic, algorithms and processes of the Software, shall be deemed to be confidential and proprietary information of Pralana Consulting.
This License grants the licensee the right to receive enhancements or updates to the Software for as long as the license is current and has not expired, Thereafter, enhancements and updates, if available, may be obtained by Licensee at Pralana Consulting’s then-current standard pricing, terms, and conditions.
3. Technical Support. Pralana Consulting may, at its sole discretion, provide updates to the Software. Upgrades to the Software may be sold separately.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the use of the Software is at Licensee’s sole risk. The Software and any included guidelines for use are provided “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind. Nothing contained within the Software shall be construed as professional advice. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, THE STATED WARRANTIES ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WRITTEN OR ORAL, STATUTORY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION THERETO, THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. PRALANA CONSULTING DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE FREE OF ERRORS. PRALANA CONSULTING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE OR FOR ANY REASON, OR FOR COMMERCIAL LOSSES OF ANY CAUSE, WHETHER OR NOT PRALANA CONSULTING HAS RECEIVED NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OR CERTAINTY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDE ANY LOSS OF INFORMATION, LOSSES ATTRIBUTABLE TO INACCURATE INFORMATION, DAMAGE TO COMPUTER OR MONITOR, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS AND ANY OTHER MONETARY LOSS.
5. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL PRALANA CONSULTING AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF PRALANA CONSULTING OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall PRALANA CONSULTING’S total liability to Licensee for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort, including negligence, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by Licensee for the Software.
6. No Waiver or Assignment. This License may not be assigned, sublicensed or otherwise transferred by the Licensee, by operation of law or otherwise, without Pralana Consulting’s prior written consent.
7. U.S. Government Restricted Rights: The Software is provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restriction as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software – Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Contractor/manufacturer is Pralana Consulting.
8. Export Controls. Licensee may not download or export the Software or its technology except in full compliance with all United States regulations and laws. The Software or technology may not be downloaded or exported to a national or resident from Cuba, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, Yugoslavia, or any other country subject to a United States embargo.
9. Termination. This agreement may be terminated immediately by either party in the event of default by the other party. If this Agreement is terminated, Licensee will immediately discontinue use of the Software within fourteen (14) days. Licensee may also terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of the Software and its documentation.
10. General. This Agreement represents the only statement of the terms relative to this license between the parties and supersedes any previous agreements or representations. This Agreement may be amended only in writing, and must be executed by both parties. PRALANA CONSULTING IS NOT BOUND BY ANY PROVISION OF ANY PURCHASE ORDER, RECEIPT, ACCEPTANCE, CONFIRMATION, CORRESPONDENCE, OR OTHERWISE UNLESS PRALANA CONSULTING SPECIFICALLY AGREES TO THE PROVISION IN WRITING. If any section of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, the section shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. This Agreement shall be governed by United States and Texas law.