Website very slow to deliver files.

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@morlock103)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Stuart,

The new website is great, but I wanted you to know that it seems very slow to serve up data. Yesterday when I tried to download files it felt like it took forever to respond. Attempting to download files was especially slow. After hitting the order / download button nothing would appear to happen. After a while a blank black Google screen appeared without a file or a message indicating that a file was coming. After walking away from my computer and returning later on a file was eventually there. Also it would be helpful if the doc files were named One of the docs files had numbers as the file name.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

James, thanks for the post! I'm aware of the user manuals being particularly slow and occasionally failing to download. I'm trying to address that now. Your post didn't specifically mention user manuals, though, so are you seeing the slowness in downloads of the calculator files as well?

ReplyQuote
(@morlock103)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

The entire website feels slow to respond. There is a lag when logging in, and as I recall when hitting buttons to order and download files of any type. When I hit enter after making a selection there is decided delay before the site responds. I have very fast internet connection and I don't usually experience such delays on the other websites I visit.

ReplyQuote
(@morlock103)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

I just downloaded all 3 manuals again today. The response time is significantly improved from what I had experienced a few days ago. The manuals are nicely labeled as to what they are and the "file save as window" nicely appears. However, after selecting a menu item such a "Manuals" or "Forum" there is a 5-10 second delay before the site responds with the sub-menu options. The lag repeats itself when selecting sub menus or download buttons. My observation is that the delay occurs when interacting with the website. Press enter and a wait 5-10 seconds for the site to respond. I would rate the delay as manageable but less than idea.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Thanks, James. So it appears that the initial problem with downloading the manuals is solved by the general slowness remains. My work continues...

ReplyQuote
(@morlock103)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

The PRC website response time is much improved over what is was a few weeks ago. Thanks for addressing it.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

James, thanks for the update on this. For the sake of everyone else reading this, I'll just add that my hosting service (GoDaddy) and I made a number of changes in an effort to improve the website performance as well as to protect it from malware. It may be helpful to clear your browser's cache to get full access to the improvements.

ReplyQuote
Share: