Clear all

Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer
Topic starter  

Often when using PRC Gold, I get the message "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action" I'm working off a clean boot and only running PRC/Excel 2010 on Windows 10 and Google Chrome (which I doubt is using OLE). Is there a setting in Excel to stop this? Seems like some kind of threading issue.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Bill,

I'm not familiar with this issue so I Googled it. Here's a link to an article that talks about this: https://techcult.com/fix-excel-ole-action-error/

The most promising thing I saw in there was something about a possible problem with an Excel add-in. These would be unique to your system configuration and independent of PRC. Please let me know if you find have any feedback in this regard.

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer
Topic starter  

I used one of the recommendations in the troubleshooting article, which was to go to Excel Options->Advanced->General and check "Ignore other applications that use DDE," and that caused Excel to not load PRC when I started it by double-clicking the PRC2021.2.3-cyrb5c.xlsm file. I'll circle back later to see if the other step (removing any unnecessary Excel add-ins) helps.

ReplyQuote
Share: