Run-Time Errors on ...

Notifications
Clear all

Run-Time Errors on Mac M1 Configuration

Stuart Matthews
(@smatthews51)
MemberAdmin
Topic starter  

I’m trying to install PRC2020.3.10 Gold on a Mac M1 running Excel 2019 on Big Sur. Right after I enable the macros I get this error message:

"Run-Time error ’91’: Object variable or With block variable not set"

Are there known issues that could cause this problem?

Stuart Matthews
(@smatthews51)
MemberAdmin
Topic starter  

Mac computers with Apple’s M1 CPU (instead of Intel’s CPU) do not fully support Excel 2019 (and possibly other versions as well) and this results in run-time errors when attempting to run Pralana Gold on the Mac M1 architecture. Until such time as this is resolved, Excel must run in conjunction with Rosetta. Here’s a link to an article that gives a little background on the issue: https://appletoolbox.com/what-is-rosetta-2/ . Here’s another article that provides guidance on specifically what you need to do to make your M1 system run Excel 2019 correctly: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861 .

ReplyQuote
Stuart Matthews
(@smatthews51)
MemberAdmin
Topic starter  

Here's some specific guidance on how to work around this problem if you have a Mac with the M1 chip, shared by one of our helpful users (thanks, Larry!):

If you control-click on the Excel icon in the Finder, and then on “Get Info”, you can check the box labeled “Open Using Rosetta.”

ReplyQuote
Michael Clarke
(@clarke461)
New MemberCustomer

Hi Stuart

I am using an M1 also. However, when I click on the "Open With" in the Finder, I am provided a drop down with the options of choosing Excel, Numbers, App Store or Other. There is not a box to check.

Does that make sense?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Michael Clarke
(@clarke461)
New MemberCustomer

Just to add to this, I have confirmed that Rosetta is running in the background, so the Runtime error 91 message I am getting might be related to something else.

ReplyQuote
Share: