Clear all

Global Clear

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer
Topic starter  

If I'm working with different clients, bringing in their export files, is it necessary to do a Global Clear between each one? Put another way, if I import the export file for person 1, then later import the export file for person 2, can I be sure that no settings or value have bled over?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Bill,

You do NOT need to do the Global Clear prior to an import of the export files for different clients. It's always possible that an error exists somewhere in the import function such that a setting is not updated during the import but it's just as likely that the Global Clear function contains an error. So, I think the best approach is to NOT do the Global Clear prior to an import and then be sensitive to results that seem questionable. This way, if an error exists, we'll eventually discover and fix it.

ReplyQuote
(@morlock103)
Active Member Customer

It appears that the global clear function does not clear out the results of consumption smoothing. I suspect this is bug / error.

I have been experimenting with the consumption smoothing function and used the global clear function as a first step in creating a new test file. I then used the simplified input to define new file parameters and importing / populating PRC with the simplified parameters in the new unsaved file. While looking at the tabular projections to review the input I noticed that the consumption smoothing results from my old file did not clear and were still there. This included the Non-Specific Discretionary Spending field which contained the consumption smoothing results from the prior file. Updating the Active Analysis in the new unsaved did not remove the old smoothing results. Running consumption smoothing in the new file finally changed the smoothing results to reflect the parameters established in the new file. I then changed the spending strategy and was able to eliminate the results of consumption smoothing in the new file.

This post was modified 1 year ago by James Morlock

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@morlock103 You're right, Global Clear does indeed fail to clear the NSDS field; I'll fix that in the 2023 model. Thanks for this post!

ReplyQuote
Share: