Circular References

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@q454ta993)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi,

When I download and open Pralana Bronze (without making any changes) and click Update Monte Carlo Analysis, I see a message from Excel in the bottom left corner of the window, "Circular References". The Monte Carlo results do not display as a distribution curve but as a straight line (even when "Show Monte Carlo Results" is selected on the Home screen). Using Excel for Mac Version 16.47.1. If I go ahead and make any changes to Income or Expenses, the same error shows and I still can't see Monte Carlo. The Tabular Projection does update with these changes, but I'd love to see the distribution curve.

Thanks,

Mark

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Valued Customer

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Mark,

PRC Bronze contains iterative calculations and these can result in circular reference errors if iterative calculations are ever disabled in Excel. This can happen if PRC is not the first Excel file brought up or if another file specifically disables iterative calculations. You can manually change Excel's setting from the Excel > Excel Options > Formulas page.

ReplyQuote
(@mcghee659)
Active Member Customer

Stuart,

Should iterative calculations be enabled in PRC Gold, too?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@mcghee659 It doesn't matter for PRC Gold because it doesn't do the iterative calculations. FYI, though, I did extensive testing of a PRC2021 prototype that did do iterative tax calculations and I could never get it to perform well, so I abandoned it.

ReplyQuote
Share: