Question: Best way ...

Notifications
Clear all

Question: Best way to simulate RMD this year rather than next year when it's for real?

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@marziale994)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I can see that PRC2023 accounts for Secure ACT 2.0 and so has my first RMD in 2024 (I'll be turning 73 in 2024). But I would like to simulate an RMD this year, so I can compare the long term impact. For ease I'll just use the RMD amount scheduled for 2024 in 2023 as well.

How to do that? My first thought is to add a line in One-Time Miscellaneous Spending, but I see no way to specify taking the money from my IRA.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Mark,

You can go to the Financial Assets > Management page and set up a scheduled withdrawal from your tax-deferred account in 2023. This will cause the withdrawal to occur, the taxes to be handled correctly and the funds will be deposited to your Cash account (just like an RMD).

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@marziale994)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Perfect! Your answer also made clear how I can schedule any withdrawal from anywhere. At first glance, I thought the Withdrawal Order would have to be changed, but I see now I can specify any source at the individual scheduled withdrawal level.

Excellent!

Thanks - 👍 😀 Mark

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

@marziale994 Yes, make sure to do scheduled withdrawals for anything else, like HSA funds you intend to use.

ReplyQuote
Share: