Cannot Open File-Gold 2023

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@aquacherry)

Hi,

I just purchased Gold 2023, downloaded the file but cannot open it in Excel. I get an error message "Cannot run the macro "PRC2023.2.8-zeslxm'!goworksheet'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled."

Very new with Pralana and have not used it at all. Would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much.

3 Replies
Admin
(@smatthews51)

Maria,

There's another thread somewhere on the Forum that addresses this, but I'll try to provide you some help right here. For whatever reason, Excel has not enabled macros to run and therefore PRC will not work. I recommend that you do the following, in this order:

1. Go to Windows File Explorer, locate the PRC2023 Gold file, right click it, click Properties, and then look in the lower right corner of the pop-up for an unchecked box labeled "Unblock". If that box is indeed unchecked, then check it and click OK to get back to the directory where PRC2023 is saved. Then, double click the PRC file to bring it up. If it comes up and asks if you want to enable macros, click Yes, and you should be good to go.

2. If you do the above and discover that the PRC file is already unblocked, then bring up Excel and go to the Trust Center's macro setting by following this path: File > Excel Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macro Settings and select the "Disable VBA macros with notification" option. Then click OK to close the Excel Options menus and bring up the PRC file again. When it asks if you want to enable macros, click Yes, and you should be good to go.

Stuart

Customer
Topic starter
(@aquacherry)

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for the quick response and the detailed steps. I was able to do as you instructed and I am good to go.

-Maria

1 Reply
Admin
(@smatthews51)

@aquacherry Excellent! Thanks for letting me know!

Stuart

Share: