View Management Columns out of sync

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Ted
(@backroads4me)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

While on the view management tab and trying to click into cells, the cell that actually gets clicked is several cells to the right of the intended target. As you move to the right, the result and target cells get closer and eventually when far enough to the right the issue goes away.

Ted

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Ted,

Which version are you running?

Stuart

ReplyQuote
 Ted
(@backroads4me)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@lanhame So I played with this enough on my system and finally discovered what's happening, but it's not consistent. If I flip back and forth between the View Mgmt page and one of the other views, say Income, occasionally the View Mgmt link (shown in red) will appear twice rather than just once. When this occurs, you'll also notice that column A is being shown twice (if you were to show the column headings via Excel's View page) and it results in the phenomenon you're seeing: you check a box but the check actually appears two columns to the right. This is another quirk in recent versions of Excel. I've tried to modify the code to get around it, but nothing is working. The fix is to simply scroll the page just a bit and everything will switch back to where it should be. Crazy, but true.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
 Ted
(@backroads4me)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

No problem, the issue also went away for me. Even when it was happening, it wasn't difficult to adjust my windage a little and click a few columns left to the left. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: