Clear all

Study Sensitivities?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bo3b)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

New User with much to learn but after reasonably confident 1st pass through data entry began exploring the "Study Sensitivities" feature. Attached is screen after some initial adjusting of "What-If" parameters and then click of "Revert to Baseline Parameters" button.

As I understand the UM, and common sense, would suggest the "What-If" (red) and "Baseline" (blue) lines should be equal and "Final Savings Balance" amount (upper right) close to $0 at start of the study - Correct?

Plus, based on inputs, I would guess that the "What-If" line represents closer to actual, or what I would think should be "Baseline" - They seem reversed in the graph?

Save/Exit of working file and restart had no affect. Revisit of all inputs appear to be confirmed correct.

What am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,
Bob

PRC2022.2.26
Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 19042.1526
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
HP Spectre x360 Laptop w/16 GB

ReplyQuote
(@bo3b)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

Quick follow-up addition.

UM recommends, page 145, Note 5, "Run Analysis" to assure correct numbers prior to Study - Results is attached Error message and no change in Study chart.

AFAIK, the "Life Expectancy" and "Retirement Date" values are correctly entered.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@bo3b You've correctly determined that you need to run an analysis to create a baseline before doing any studies via the Sensitivities page; however, it appears that there's a problem in your data that's causing the analysis to fail. You should be able to get some idea of where the error is by looking at the tabular projections. I'm happy to help identify the issue but I'll need you send me an export file that exhibits the problem. Please send to mail@pralanaconsulting.com.

Thanks,

Stuart Matthews

ReplyQuote
(@bo3b)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  
Issue resolved but not sure why or how... Guessing cause connected to data entry path and/or misinterpreting error message detail. Only clues - Initially progressed through sheets (Assets, Incomes, Expenses) with entries, clearing Tables along the way as needed. After "Study Sensitivities" issue followed the "Simplified Inputs" path which did not fix the problem but did seem to cause need to revisit some Table data. Now "Study Sensitivities" appears to work as designed without error. Also note, financial situation is retired 2018 without income - So many of the PRC inputs are either not needed or occurring in the past.
Thanks for the help,
Bob

ReplyQuote
Share: