Social Security Optimization

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@craigersvt)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand how to interpret the results of the social security optimization graphic. After running the optimization the entire table is dark green (see attached pic). Does this mean taking social at 62 is optimum? This is different than the result I get using open social security. Any insight you can provide would be great.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Mike,

No, it definitely doesn't mean that 62 is optimum. The only thing I can think of that would cause the entire table to be dark green is if your SS benefits have already started. In this case, optimization is academic and PRC2022 doesn't show any useful result. If this isn't your case, you can send me an export file (to mail@pralanaconsulting.com) and I'll be happy to investigate.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

I always use the Open SS calculator to really dial this in for clients. Make sure to check the little box at the top of the page to do a precise calculation.

Open Social Security: Free, Open-Source Social Security Calculator

That said, if you're already collecting, there are ways to 'undo' it, some less obvious than others.

ReplyQuote
(@motogopher)
Trusted Member Customer

I've had the same issue and it started back in the 2022 version. It also did it with the preloaded data that comes with the downloaded version. I had to try that to see if it was something I did. I just tried the preloaded data and my data in the 2023 version and the issue seems to have gone away. Mike, does it now work for you also?

ReplyQuote
(@craigersvt)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

@motogopher yes the 2023 version works for me. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Share: