sheet not displaying correctly

6 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
(@vsilverman)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi

For some reason on my mac running Excel 16.72, the display on some pages cuts off the left side, making it impossible to see some of the columns. For instance ont the analysis page when I select the run analysis tabs, columns A and B are not visible for me. But on the Scenario comparison, for instance, they are visible. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

ReplyQuote
(@mcghee659)
Active Member Customer

When you see this happen, first try scrolling down the page and you should see the left/right page slider appear at the bottom of the page. Just grab it with your mouse and move the page back to the left. If that doesn't work, try going to the Excel "View" tab and clicking on "Unfreeze Panes". Also, make sure that you are on the latest version.

ReplyQuote
(@vsilverman)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks Frank, unfreezing the panes worked.

ReplyQuote
(@dbertrand00)
New Member Customer

Unfreezing the panes does work, but every time you go back to that sheet, the panes are frozen again. Is there a way to permanently unfreeze the panes so they stay unfrozen?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@dbertrand00 Unfortunately, no. This issue is due to some Excel error that I've been unsuccessful in working around. The PRC design adjusts and freezes the format of every page when it's accessed, so when Excel messes it up there's really no alternative to you manually unfreezing it. Sorry.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@slaufer)
Trusted Member Customer

@dbertrand00 I have found that when the pages 'freeze', I use the font size tab (lower right of screen) and click until it is displaying 'full screen'. I can then click on a 'far left' option and the screens return. The sometimes the screen stays with the smaller size, sometimes they default to the 50% screen size. A minor inconvenience.

ReplyQuote
Share: