Monte Carle Percentile Bands not showing

14 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Ted
(@backroads4me)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Just upgraded to 2023. Now when I Run Analysis only the red savings line shows up. Is there a toggle somewhere I am not aware of for the percentile results, or am I doing something wrong or having an issue?

Thanks,

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Ted,

This is a problem that has just surfaced with PRC2023 and only occurs in some versions of Excel on both Windows and Mac platforms, though it has never occurred on any of my several systems. I've spent many hours over the past few days trying to understand what's going on with the help of several users (many thanks and kudos to Frank M for devoting several hours on the phone with me yesterday) and have developed a change to address this issue. v1.4 was just released this morning with that change, so please check that out and report back on your results. Note: On the system we were using yesterday, the revised version was handling Monte Carlo analysis okay but was still not doing historical analysis successfully (red line only; no blue bands). Further adjustments were made this morning before I released the new version, so the jury is still out on the final resolution of this issue.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
 Ted
(@backroads4me)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

Stuart,

Thank you for the quick reply. I can confirm that version 1.4.2 did fix the Monte Carlo results and that the historical issue is still present. Please let me know if you need anything from me to help with trouble shooting, otherwise, I'll be on the lookout for updated versions.

Ted

ReplyQuote
(@malik182)
Active Member Customer

Had the same issue upon upgrading to 2023. Downloaded v.1.4 this morning and now get the blue bands for the Monte Carlo simulation but still no blue bands for the Historical Analysis.

In case it's helpful, I am running Windows 10 and my Excel is part of the Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise bundle, version 2212.

Thanks.

Arun

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Update: I uploaded v1.5 this afternoon with a modified design for historical analysis that appears to work on a couple of systems that were failing previously.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@lanhame Please check out v1.5 when you can; it contains a new design for historical analysis.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@malik182 Please check out v1.5 when you can; it contains a new design for historical analysis.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@malik182)
Active Member Customer

Thanks for the quick turnaround, Stuart. Wasn't expecting that on a Sunday!

I tried v. 1.5, I get blue bands now for Historical Results. However, the gray bands for expenses look a bit off. I might just not understand how to interpret them. See attached file.

Things look fine for the MC results.

Arun

This post was modified 1 year ago by Arun Malik

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@malik182 Thanks for the feedback. I've been working around the clock for the past three days trying to figure out the issue with the blue bands on some Excel configurations, so am very glad to hear I'm nearly out of the woods. I agree that the expense gray bands look suspicious and I'll check them out tomorrow and then get back to you.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
 Ted
(@backroads4me)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 in V1.5 I now have the bands on the historical view, unfortunately, the bands are seriously overstated or possibly using the wrong scale. See attached. The savings line agrees with the results in v1.4.

I'm on Windows 10 Home build 19045 and Excel 2016 ver. 2212

ReplyQuote
(@malik182)
Active Member Customer

Please take your time, Stuart. I don't think any of us PRC users urgently needs this feature up and running.

Very much appreciate all the refinements that have been made to PRC over the years.

Arun

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@lanhame Ted, why do you think the bands are seriously overstated? I can see that they're much higher than the red line (the fixed rate savings line) but that could be due to settings on the Financial Assets > Asset Classes & Allocations page that are substantially lower than historical numbers.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Arun, I found a typo in a formula that was causing the historical expense bands to be portrayed erroneously. I just uploaded v1.6 with a correction for that issue.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@malik182)
Active Member Customer

@smatthews51 Thanks, Stuart, you have fixed the problem with the gray bands.

Thank you,

Arun

ReplyQuote
Share: