Clear all

Insufficient Funds displaying incorrectly

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@slaufer)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

I am having issues with the insufficient funds monitoring and PRC not applying my actions.

Using the documented view, in View Management (page 37) I am shown the yellow highlighted fields in the tabular report, stating I have insufficient funds and my actions are therefore not undertaken. The field is in my Other Withdrawals section, 'Unscheduled withdrawals from my TD account'.

I see this in pre-retirement years, in which I have income and positive cash flow.

Additionally, I am presented with the yellow cells in for Unscheduled withdrawals from her TD account, for all of her years, however, she is deceased and has no TD account and no transactions (other then the pre-programmed Spousal TD Withdrawal, in the Financial Assets / Management / Withdrawal Order tab).

Any thoughts/ideas? Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@ricke)
Trusted Member Customer

When I get the warning it's because I entered something on the Financial Assets - Management tab under the Scheduled Withdrawal Table that I didn't have money in the account to do, so check that first.

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

You've indicated to pull funds from that account somewhere, perhaps Financial Assets-Management->Scheduled Withdrawals, or someplace else. I'd just go through the various tabs looking for where that might be.

ReplyQuote
(@slaufer)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

@ricke Thank you. I have an initial funding entry for the same amounts that are later moved from the TD account. I also observer the same 'violation' before the funds are being formally 'transferred'. There are no funding requests during this time.

I have also tried this with an over-funded scenario, placing an additional $1M in the initial funding amount.

The results are the same.

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

@slaufer Have you checked the Withdrawal Order in Financial Assets->Management?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@slaufer Thanks to Rick and Bill for trying to help on this! I looked into this just now and have discovered an error in the conditional formatting on the Tabular Projections > View Mgmt page that's causing inappropriate yellow cells in the unscheduled withdrawals columns in some cases. Some additional columns were added to the View Mgmt page in the course of building PRC2023 but Excel doesn't make automatic adjustment of conditional formatting formulas when the referenced cells move, so those conditional formatting formulas are currently referencing the wrong cells. I plan to release v3.2 this week and will include a fix for this issue. As far as I can tell, there are no computational errors related to this; it's purely erroneous formatting.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@slaufer)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

@hines202 Bill, thank you for your response. This is a pre-retirement year. It has earnings that exceed any payments required in that year, it has positive cash flow, and it has few - other than taxes (fed, state, Fica, OASI etc.). All of the account show 5+ digit growth etc. I effectively have removed/reduced any/all payments to $1.

ReplyQuote
(@slaufer)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

@hines202 Bill, I have it set for two time periods:

2023 - 2027: Regular, Your TD, Roth, Spouse TD and

2027 - xxxx: TD(D), Regular, Roth, Your TD, Spouse TD

I have tried others, but no change in the 'yellow' cells. Thx

ReplyQuote
(@slaufer)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 Stuart, thank you for your update. I will 'stand down' and await the update. Thx, Steve

ReplyQuote
(@slaufer)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 This has been resolved with your June 15 (3.3.2) update. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Share: