Clear all

Expenses>Phased - Start Year Copy and/or Import Issue

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ilovemybeagles)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

It would appear the scenario copy feature is not working as expected on the Expenses > Phased sheet. The S1 "Period 2 Expenses Start Year" and "Period 3 Expenses Start Year" do not copy over to S2 and S3 when clicking the "Copy S1" buttons for those scenarios. These Start Years are not copied to S2 and S3 when using the "Global Copy" feature either. (I am assuming these Years should be included in the copy, though I am not positive that was the intent.) I do know I've been searching forever for the reason why my three supposedly identical scenarios were producing such different results. These expense Start Years were the culprits!

Also, I'll just add that my S2/S3 Period 2/Period 3 Start Years are set to "2040" and "2050", respectively. I am positive I did not enter those dates myself since I will most likely be strumming my harp by 2050. I usually do a "Global Clear" when I download a fresh copy of PRC, though I may have forgotten this last time when I downloaded 2.4.2. But I definitely did a fresh import of my PRC file saved by PRC2023.2.2. Perhaps these Years were not populated from my import file and/or PRC's default Years overrode my own?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

David,

I just checked on this and can confirm that the copy of the period 2 and 3 start years is not being included in that copy. The Global Clear and Global Copy refer to the same data structures as the scenario copy, so this would apply to them as well. It will be fixed in the next update.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@ilovemybeagles)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 Thank you sir. It's a small thing and sounds like nitpicking. But it really can have you chasing your tail when cloning S2/S3 from S1 and getting different results.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@ilovemybeagles Absolutely, and it needs to be perfect, so I appreciate you pointing it out!

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: