TABULAR PROJECTIONS questions
I don't have a firm grasp of the tax codes. So I am struggling to understand how PRC arrives at numbers in the TABULAR PROJECTIONS > "Taxes" page and "AGI Detail" page.
- PRC > TABULAR PROJECTIONS > AGI Detail > "Realized gains resulting from withdrawals from regular savings" column shows $0 every year.
I was expecting numbers larger than zero because:
- PRC > TABULAR PROJECTIONS > Withdrawals > "Unscheduled Withdrawals from Regular Investments" column shows thousands of dollars half the years.
- PRC > FINANCIAL ASSETS > Asset Class Taxation > Stocks > "Growth Taxed as LTCG When Withdrawn" shows 78%.
In the manual, "regular savings" and "regular investment account" are used interchangeably. Is that correct?
Seeing the formulas for the TABULAR PROJECTIONS columns would be a huge help. Are those formulas accessible?
Wolfram, you're correct, regular savings and regular investment account is used interchangeably. I'll try to correct or at least improve on that as I move toward release of PRC2023.
I'm sorry but, no, those formulas aren't accessible. It's simply not practical.
Why is "Realized gains resulting from withdrawals from regular savings" column $0 every year?
That could occur for multiple reasons, including:
1. There are no withdrawals from regular savings
2. There is no capital appreciation in regular savings
3. Withdrawal order is such that negative cash flows are covered by accounts other than regular savings
4. The LTCG harvesting setting = "Last"