Other Income Taxed as Regular Income Calculation

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 NC
(@nc-cpl)
Reputable Member Customer
Topic starter  

I am showing a number in the Tabular sheet that's a slight bit off from what I've entered in the INCOME page. I'm assuming the Other Income Taxed as Regular Income figure does NOT include any regular employment income, and is derived from things like my bonus, RSU stock value, and deferred salary (like an annuity) payment (entered in the Income page). But adding those three up does not match whats in the Tab sheet -- so what might be affecting this number to make it slightly higher or lower?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

I can't say for sure without seeing your file, but one explanation is that the data input is done in terms of today's dollars and the tabular output is being displayed in terms of future dollars. Or, that the rate of increase of the Other Income stream is different from the inflation rate AND the tabular output is being displayed in terms of today's dollars (the tool does all of its calculations in terms of future dollars and then converts future dollars to today's dollars based on the specified general inflation rate).

ReplyQuote
Share: