Mixing variables as...

Notifications
Clear all

Mixing variables as different scenarios

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 27
 Anonymous

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/includes/functions-template.php on line 193
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 31
1 second ago
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 32
Topic starter  

I'm wondering how to approach this --say you are contemplating three different retirement states to retire to in the future, AND, you also want to model different Roth conversion options, AND, you wish to check out the impact of different inflation rates (also as scenarios I imagine)...is it best to consider each variable separately from the others in order to keep things straight? I can see how mixing different variables (a tax bracket conversion while living in NV can produce far different results than a fixed rate conversion and living in NY). I assume its best to only experiment with one at a time, otherwise you risk comparing apples with giraffes when you toggle between scenarios

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 62

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

I think it's generally best to investigate each variable separately because, otherwise, you won't be able to ascertain the sensitivity of your plan to any given variable. With that said, though, the viability of Roth conversions is dependent upon the context. Therefore, you probably need to examine it in conjunction with each of the states you are considering.

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

Hi @nc-cpl, I love how you're always pushing the boundaries of PRC! One thing to remember is the Sensitivities tab under Analysis. It allows you to tweak some key parameters and view the results real-time. I really love that page! One of the params on there is inflation, so you don't have to worry about using a scenario for that one.

ReplyQuote

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 27
 Anonymous

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/includes/functions-template.php on line 193
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 31
1 second ago
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 32
Topic starter  

Thank you for the suggestion Bill!! Forgot about the Sensitivities option!

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/wqrkq95ere8t/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/layouts/1/post.php on line 62

ReplyQuote
Share: