Loans - Balloon Pay...

Notifications
Clear all

Loans - Balloon Payments Only, No Monthly Payments (not even interest only)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bbroder1)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Two scenarios I'd like to see added to future enhancements:

1. Loans without even interest-only payments, only a balloon payment in the future

2. Variant of the above, relevant in my situation, where the loan is more like a line of credit -- balance increases monthly/yearly with balloon payoff in the end. In particular I have funded a reverse mortgage for a family member -- secured by her property, balance increases over time through monthly payments from me (lender) to her (borrower), payable on death of the borrower when the property will be sold. Interest accrues monthly using an agreed upon interest rate.

https://www.nationalfamilymortgage.com/lend/

Essentially allows a reverse mortgage to be funded by one or more family members, avoiding the large fees associated with bank-funded reverse mortgages.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

These have been added to the candidate list for PRC Gold enhancements in 2022. For item #2, you could probably model that from your perspective with PRC2021 by treating your monthly payments (as the lender) as expenses on the Expenses > Miscellaneous page and the pay-off as a windfall on the Income page (you'd have to manually compute the amount and enter it). Of course, the outstanding loan balance would not be included in your net worth.

ReplyQuote
(@bbroder1)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 Thank you for the advice on how to model my scenario currently -- I'll note that your solution would work for a loan made with a future balloon payment and no (or a limited number of) payments prior to the balloon --> One time expense for lending the money, and then one (or a small number) of future one time windfall income events for the payoff.

ReplyQuote
Share: