Clear all

Link to external spreadsheet

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@corn18)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Is it possible to link inputs to an external spreadsheet? Would be nice to be able to update my inputs to PRC from my retirement spreadsheet.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Tom,

No, that's not possible. For technical reasons, all PRC input fields are treated as data rather than links or formulas. Further, to the extent that the inputs you're referring to relate to initial account balances, it's important that PRC inputs be year-ending values.

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer

I'm wondering if it's possible to use a scripting tool, or integration tool like Zapier to do this sort of thing.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@hines202 I don't think so. PRC data input fields actually contain hidden formulas that point to some location within an internal data table. When the user enters data, he/she is actually overwriting that formula. Then, PRC copies that data to the internal data table and replaces the overwritten formula so that it again points to the proper location in the internal data table. This is the secret that allows imports and exports to run as quickly as they do (otherwise they would take a minute or more, like they did in older versions).

ReplyQuote
Share: