How to move license...

Notifications
Clear all

How to move license to new/different machine?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@crafton195)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I just bought a new Mac and want to move my Pralana Gold license to it. I followed what I thought was the process in the manual:

1. Creat export file on old machine

2. Open export file on new machine

It seemed to work in that I had to check the license page box and then it worked for 30 seconds and my file opened and looked normal for 10 seconds or so. . until Excel crashed. I did this 3 times and each time it crashed Excel after what looked like a successful import.

What am I doing wrong?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Sheila,

You're missing one crucial step: you need to login to the Pralana website from your new computer and download another copy of PRC Gold. When that copy comes up, click the Import link on the Home page and select the export file moved over from your old machine.

ReplyQuote
(@crafton195)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

So I downloaded the latest version (PRC2021.3.4-qyq6he.xlsm) and when I try and open it. .

1. It asks me if I want to enable macros - I say yes.

2. It then crashes.

I confirmed I have the latest version of the OS (Mac) and Excel.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@crafton195 Sheila, I wish I could help with this but I don't have much to go on here. It sounds like an Excel problem from what you've described. PRC2021.3.4-qyq6he runs fine on my MacBook Pro with the latest versions of OS and Excel. Do you have an older version of PRC that runs on this same system?

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@crafton195)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

I'll try re-installing Excel. The only thing that I can think of is that it is a new M1 iMac - could that cause an issue?

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@crafton195 Bingo, that's the problem! There's some discussion on this issue in another post on the Pralana Forum, and here's a link to it: Run-Time Errors on Mac M1 Configuration – Troubleshooting – Pralana Retirement Calculator Forum

ReplyQuote
Share: