Historical Analysis Changes in PRC 2022.1.1

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@scooteriam)
Active Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Stuart,

Using PRC2022.1.1 now....When I run a historical analysis in PRC2022 and activate "historical sequence analysis" and choose a start year, I see that when I move over to "study sensitivities", the historical analysis curve is now the "what if" scenario. So, when I make adjustments to "what-if" parameters, those changes are now reflected in the historical curve and not my selected scenario. Is this behavior by design?

Not sure about this as I would have expected to still see the affects of the "what if" parameters on my chosen scenario and not the historical result. To me, the historical curves are nothing but its own independent stress test and not something that would be the target of further "what-if" studies (stacking).

I do see however, this feature can be deactivated by going back to Run Analysis and closing it there. Nonetheless, can you help me understand the rational of doing "what if" on the historic curve v. scenario 1,2, or 3 in the "study sensitivities" tab?

PS. I do like the fact you've consolidated the bear market study into the historical analysis, in PRC2022!

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

It's working this way because the new design allows you to go to the Tabular Projections and examine the details while the historical sequence analysis is still in effect. By the same token, you can do sensitivity analysis with the historical sequence if you so choose. As you've observed, though, if you don't want to "stack" the what-if studies, you can just go back to the Run Analysis page and turn off the historical sequence analysis.

ReplyQuote
Share: