Clear all

Health Care/ACA

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer
Topic starter  

For health care premium expense, for period 3 where neither is working, neither eligible yet for Medicare or other group insurance, this will be ACA coverage. The values for the second lowest Silver plan have been entered. But do we also put the amount of the unsubsidized premium in this field for insurance premiums?

For example, if the second lowest silver plan (unsubsidized) is $400/month ($48,000 annual premium) do we also put that in under the Health Insurance field?

ReplyQuote
(@hines202)
Reputable Member Customer
Topic starter  

*$4,800 annual, tried to edit the typo 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@scooteriam)
Active Member Customer

@hines202 Did you get an answer to your question - where to place the healthcare premium expense in excess of the ACA subsidy?

I have a similar question regarding Period 3, out of pocket (OOP) expenses. I've entered the SLCSP and receive the ACA subsidy. However, when looking at the Tabular Projections> Net Healthcare Expense table, I see my Period 3 OOP expenses do not show up for the years I get the ACA subsidy. When I unselect the ACA eligibility checkmark, the OOP expenses shows up on the Expense Table.

I would have expected to see both the OOP expenses and the ACA subsidy reported. but, they seem to be mutually exclusive. Was wondering what you found. I'm missing something!

Regards,

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@hines202 Yes, you need to put the actual ACA policy premium in the Period 3 premiums field and and any OOP expenses in the OOP field. PRC will do the math and put the effective cost in the Tabular Projections > Expenses > Net Healthcare Expenses column.

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@scooteriam OOP expenses and ACA subsidies are not mutually exclusive; however, the premiums, OOP expenses and ACA subsidies are all combined and presented as the effective expense in the Net Healthcare Expenses column of the Tabular Projections > Expenses page. If you still think you have an issue, feel free to send me an export file and I'll be happy to investigate.

Stuart

ReplyQuote
Share: