Clear all

Dividends as Income Reprise?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bo3b)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

Retired couple with stocks held in Regular Account from which Dividends provide portion of annual Income. Read all the threads within this forum that discuss the need to correctly model this common situation but AFAIK most suggestions/solutions pertain to PRC releases prior to current v2.6 Gold.

Think I have a grasp of proposed approaches, Asset Class Taxation & Other Stream Income, but not the potential cascaded nuances throughout life of Planning. Generally most interested PRC Roth Conversion analysis so all related parameters and processing need to be as correct as possible for this purpose. But also would like to see accurate cash flow, growth and especially tax (AGI) projections...

So, how is this Dividends as Income situation best modeled in the current PRC?

Thanks,
Bob

ReplyQuote
(@bo3b)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

FWIW, I realize that complex software can be difficult to discuss in a simple text post.

Willing to upload a very simple Export file ("Dividends Test") experimenting with the Dividends as Income issue. S1 is using the "Asset Class Taxation" method and S2 as "Other Income Stream". Some numbers across the different approaches correlate & make sense, others not so much. Perhaps the export file can be used as a teaching Case Study - Correct my setups or better provide proper solution as S3.

Just need to know if OK to upload Excel worksheet file and if so, how...

Thanks again,
Bob

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

@bo3b Please just email me your export file for starters (mail@pralanaconsulting.com). Also, please elaborate AFAIK; that's a new one for me.

Thanks,

Stuart

ReplyQuote
(@bo3b)
Trusted Member Customer
Topic starter  

@smatthews51 AFAIK, solved via brute force experimentation for current needs - Time will tell if method holds up.

Thanks for the offer,
Bob

ReplyQuote
Share: