Clear all

Total Lifetime Taxes

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@srtowens)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

I'm curious to know the total lifetime taxes (Fed and State) that I'm going to be paying. I know that I can go to the Graphical Projections|Taxes page and see the taxes year by year. I can also go to the Tabular Projections|Taxes page and highlight the tax columns to get Excel to sum them up. Is there anywhere else that I'm missing to see the total tax? I was thinking it would be great to see this total on the Roth Conversions page. I know that it gives you a total dollar amount by which the What If plan is better, but it would also be awesome to see Total Taxes with and without Roth Conversions. I apologize if this is super obvious and I just can't see it!

ReplyQuote
(@smatthews51)
Member Admin

Hi Shelley, I'm sorry to report that there are no other mechanisms in the current model beyond those you've mentioned to get the lifetime totals. I like your suggestion about including that on the Roth Conversions page, though, and have added that feature to the strong candidates list for the 2022 model.

ReplyQuote
(@srtowens)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thank you so much, Stuart! I appreciate your quick response and willingness to add it for next year!

ReplyQuote
(@rmichaelsm)
New Member Customer

I know this is old, but if you still are trying to add totals, you can create another excel workbook and link to cells in the Pralana Workbook. I linked to the headers, added a couple of rows then linked each cell in all of the columns. when you link, make sure you remove the $ before the column and row in the formula if you want to copy them. You can then add calculated columns like total taxes, ... or a new column showing taxes accumulating, etc...

ReplyQuote
(@hecht790)
Eminent Member Customer

@rmichaelsm

This is the power of Excel that will go away with the new Web base PRC. There are web applications that provide an option to download certain tables in Excel format.

ReplyQuote
Share: